So I have been down in the dumps for a while. Like, no makeup, no getting dressed, lounging around the house eating crap kind of stuff. Just what a curvy girl needs right? To be lazy and eat crap. Low self esteem is hard to work through.
This is what I do to cheer myself up when I’m in a slump
Bounce Back List
- Watch a Glamorous movie like Burlesque, TV show like Americans Next Top Model or Keeping up with the Kardashians. Just anything that inspires me to be fun and girly.
- Eat fruit. It makes me feel good and it curves my craving for sweets. I’d rather binge on a tub of watermelon then a giant bag of candy or Ben and Jerrys. Pick your battles, Sweeties. Hah, no pun intended.
- Do my makeup and my hair, makes me feel pretty and confident
- Paint my nails, or if i’m not completely broke, pay to have them done.
- Organize and Clean everything! Helps me relieve stress, get up and get moving burning calories and feel relaxed and happy to see a clean house.
- Listen to upbeat Happy Pop songs, Try Songza instead of Pandora, you can pick songs by your mood. They even have different types of Workout Song Playlist. I love the playlist ‘Girls just want to have fun’
- And once you feel beautiful and glamours, GO TO THE GYM! Its a crazy idea. My boyfriend asks me all the time “Why do you have makeup on when your going to the gym? Who are you trying to look good for?” And the truth is… For me. I want to look good for me. Shouldn’t that be who we want to look good for anyways? At the end of the day it really doesn’t matter what other people think as long as I love myself. And if putting on makeup to go to the gym puts a bounce in my step, why not?
Just thought i’d share.